Santiago de Compostela, from the begining in the Middle Ages, becomes a place of pilgrimage, not only religious, but cultural.
Hostal Anosa Casa is a stone´s throw from Toural Square, where the main streets which go through the old part come out:
- Rua do Franco: takes to Obradoiro Square, and it has a large number of bars and restaurants, where you can enjoy the best Galician cuicine..
- Street and New Street Vilar: full of monuments, such as Manors and Houses with their coats of arms..
- Orfas y Calderería: here you can find the most traditional trade in Santiago: pottery, typical gastronomy, jet, bazaars ...
We are situated next to Plaza de Galicia, neuralgic centre of Santiago, where you can get every city bus line. This square has also an underground car park which prevent you from having parking trouble. A tourist information office is also avaliable. From here you can walk along the streets of El Ensanche, where the great Galician, , national and international fashion firms are found..
Camino de Santiago:
Organizations and Institutions:
- Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela
- Archdiocese of Santiago
- Council of Santiago
- University of Santiago de Compostela
Museums and Culture:
- Auditorio de Galicia
- Ciudad da Cultura
- Pilgrimage Museum
- Galician Museum
- Galician Center of Contemporary Art (CGAC)